PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CHEERIO BARS
There's nothing better than a snack for all ages. Thanks to @NutsAboutGreens now you can enjoy an easy-to-make, Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cheerio Bars.
- 4 cups plain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural/drippy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scoop of Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Put the cheerios in a large bowl. In a small pot, add the maple syrup and peanut butter.
- Heat over medium low heat and stir with a spatula continuously until nice and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the salt and protein powder. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture over the cheerios and stir until everything is well combined and evenly coated.
- Press the cheerios into a 9×9 pan (or 8×8 for thicker bars). Make sure it is packed in there nicely.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave until melted and smooth. Make sure you stir the chocolate after each increment. I only microwaved mine for 1 minute total. Drizzle onto bars.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Slice and enjoy! Store in the freezer.