Vegan Chocolate Cake
Give me chocolate anything and I’ll be one happy camper. I’m here to share the love with you today so you can make this vegan chocolate cake!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 12 oz chocolate chopped (dark)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line two 8-inch cake pans.
- Stir the apple cider vinegar into the almond milk and set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and mix.
- Stir the coffee and vanilla extract into the boiling water.
- Pour all of the wet ingredients over the dry mixture. Add the apple sauce and stir with a spatula. Do not over mix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a small pot, heat the coconut milk for about 2 minutes
- Pour it over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Let cool remaining frosting until thickened into a spreadable frosting.