Vegan Cheesy Sausage Balls Recipe
This Vegan Cheesy Sausage Balls Recipe is a makeover of a childhood favorite. Instead of using pre-mixed flour or loading it with trans fats like partially hydrogenated soybean oil, make your own vegan cheesy sausage balls in a flash with simple plant-based ingredients. Fiber-filled beans provide hunger-zapping satiety, while plant-based Nuzest protein supports your hard-earned muscle mass.
This recipes comes to use from Marci of @StewardChicks.
- 1 container of undrained white beans
- 2 scoops Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 6 oz. plant-based cheese, such as HeidiHo NeChevre
- 3 tablespoons flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 12 oz. vegan meat crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soak flax in water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients, minus meat crumbles, to a food processor and process until combined. Dough will be sticky and thick. Empty contents to a large bowl and stir in meat crumbles.
- Form dough into 1-1 1/2” balls by rolling between your palms. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes and let cool completely. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to two days. Also perfect for freezing and reheating.