Nut Butter Muffins
These simple Nut Butter Muffins are a great way to start off your day and perfect for meal prep. They're easily adaptable to what you have on hand and can please the masses since they're dairy, gluten and sugar free and vegan.
For the muffin:
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup tapioca four
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 chia eggs
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
For the icing:
- 1 serving Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 cup nut butter (we used almond butter)
- 1-2tsp cinnamon maple syrup, to taste dash of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Place all of the ingredients for the muffins into a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into the muffin liners and place in the oven to cook for or until golden brown.
- While the muffins are cooking, prepare the icing. Add the nut butter, protein, cinnamon and dash of milk to a small bowl. Mix with a spoon, adding more milk to the mixture until you achieve your desired icing consistency.
- Taste and sweeten with maple syrup, mixing again to combine.
- Once cooked, remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the muffins are completely cool, top with icing and your choice of berries and chocolate.