Lentil and Coconut Soup
This Lentil and Coconut soup is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small knob ginger
- ½ tbs ground turmeric
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 ½ cup dried yellow lentils
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can coconut cream
- 2 serving Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Dice the onion and chilli and grate the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric and chilli to the pot and sauté for one minute.
- Add the lentils and stock to the pot and mix to combine. Bring to the boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to low. Place lid on the pot and allow to simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the coconut cream and protein powder to the soup and stir. The soup will become creamy. If you like a smoother soup, you can now use a stick or immersion blender to blend the soup until it is pureed to your liking. Once blended, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with pita bread or your desired bread or cracker of choice.