Ketogenic Diet Chocolate Fudge Recipe
This is Sarah Killion here, a professional soccer player with the here Sky Blue FC of the National Women's Soccer League. So I am currently not on a ketogenic (keto) diet. BUT... I did follow the ketogenic diet for 6 weeks in my off season and it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. If you haven’t heard about the most crazed diet to hit headlines these days, let me fill you in just a bit.
The ketogenic diet is a low-carb, moderate protein, fat diet that puts the body into a state of ketosis. During this natural process, ketones are produced and used as the main fuel source instead of glucose. So, you are teaching your body how to use fat for fuel instead of carbs! Pretty neat! I realized quickly that I needed some snacks that would fit this new diet in order to pull it off. So, I started experimenting with Nuzest Clean Lean Protein. I came up with my own fudge that cured my sweet tooth and provided me with a healthy boost of fats and a decent amount of protein! Not only is it great for the ketogenic diet, but it's also great for any diet. I continue to make my Nuzest Fudge and I love having a piece or two a day. And let me tell you, it’s difficult to not take a third!
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
1 scoop Rich Chocolate Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
Baking sheet covered with parchment paper (that will fit in the freezer)
1. Add the coconut oil and nut butter to a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for about one minute, or until the coconut oil has melted.
3. Stir the two ingredients together.
4. Add one scoop of Nuzest Clean Lean Protein and stir until combined.
5. Pour the mixture on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and fold the corners of the paper so that the mixture is about 1/2cm thick (or however thick you want your fudge to be).
5. Add any toppings you want! My favorite combination was a sprinkle of sea salt and chia seeds.
6. Place the baking sheet in the freezer so that it is level with the floor and the mixture does not shift around.
7. Wait one hour and TADA!!! You have healthy fudge! Break it up and enjoy! Try not to eat it all in one sitting.