Healthy Oreo Cookie Recipe
Healthy Oreo Cookie. Yes, you read that right. Our friend Gigi Eats Celebrities created this healthy version of your favorite packaged cookie so you can enjoy it whenever you wish, without the guilt. Now the debate still remains. Do you eat them whole, the cookie first, or the cream filling first?
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 cup Water
4 tbs Coconut Butter
1 tbs Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 Egg or Flax Egg (to make flax eggs measure 1 to 3 tablespoon water "per egg" - whisk with fork and let sit for approximately 10 mins)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Xylitol Sweetened “Honey” (or your favorite sweetener)
1 tbsp Erythritol (or your favorite sweetener)
Cream for the filling:
3 tbsp Coconut Butter
1 tbsp Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein Powder
2 tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbs Xylitol Sweetened "Honey" (or your favorite sweetener)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Pour batter on parchment paper and flatten.
3. Take cookie cutter and cut circles.
4. Bake circles in the oven for roughly 10-12 minutes (longer if they are still smooshy
5. As cookies bake, prepare cream filling by combining all¬†ingredients¬†in another bowl.
6. Remove cookies from oven, let cool.
7. Once cooled, fill cookies with a thick layer of creamy filling.
8. Sandwich cookie together and I dare you to limit yourself to just ONE!