GINGER AND TURMERIC SOUP
This ginger and turmeric soup is heart-warming and packed with good-for-you ingredients that will keep you full and satisfied. This recipe is gluten-free and vegan and is sure to please your tastebuds.
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 cup cubed potato
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 thumb sized piece of turmeric, grated
- 3 cups vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 2 servings of Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional for topping: coconut yogurt and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and potato, garlic, ginger and turmeric and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk to the pot and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and place lid on the pot to cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend the mixture using an immersion (handheld) blender. Alternatively, you could transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender.
- Add the protein powder and blend again until completely incorporated in the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve topped with a dollop of coconut yogurt and pumpkin seeds.