FLOURLESS BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
This Flourless Black Bean Brownie recipe is from our friend Courtney Peace of GF Cake. The fudge-like chocolate treats are a great go-to healthy dessert.
These brownies check all the boxes when it comes to the perfect healthy dessert that you can indulge in daily:
- Easy to make using a blender
- Filled with protein and fiber – thanks to the black beans AND Probiotic Cacao Digestive Support Protein
- Naturally gluten free — remember, these are flourless thanks to the black beans!
Although the addition of the protein powder isn’t essential, it took a healthy dessert and made it a filling snack that tastes and looks like a brownie. I love the Probiotic Cacao Digestive Support Protein because it is the perfect vegan (and soy free!) protein powder that also includes ingredients like l-glutamine and probiotics to give your tummy that extra help it deserves.
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used a avocado/coconut oil blend)
- 1/4 cup chocolate non-dairy creamer
- 1/3 cup sugar (if using a liquid form like syrup or honey, start with 1/4 to ensure brownie batter consistency)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Probiotic Cacao Digestive Support Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (or vegan alternative)
- chocolate chips
- Combine wet ingredients in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients (besides chocolate chips) and blend until smooth.
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper and smooth in batter.
- Add chocolate chips, either on the top or mix them into the batter.
- Bake brownies at 350F for 20 minutes or until baked all the way through.
- Top them with your favorite frosting, sprinkles, nut butter, or coconut flakes!