Nu-Zesty Cheez Sauce Recipe
Thoughts of cheese sauce are so comforting. So versatile. So good. But, what do you do when you want to skip the dairy, salt, and butter? Sacrifice flavor and textures? No way! Don't compromise with this easy-to-make cheesy goodness. Non-dairy? Vegan? No prob! This recipe makes the perfect sauce for all dietary needs. For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (option to use greek yogurt or non-dairy, such as Kite Hill)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (option to use non-dairy, such as Kite Hill)
- 1 scoop Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Done! Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.