5 Best Protein Oatmeal Recipes
Oatmeal is one of those heartwarming meals that just feels good to eat. No matter if you make overnight oats and reheat, or simply enjoy it cold, or whip up a batch to enjoy each morning, it is one of those meals that fill you up and is so satisfying. Oatmeal is a versatile base meal that can be customized depending on your mood or flavor preference each day. You can toss in superfoods, maple syrup, nuts, and of course protein powder to give it an added punch of protein. Are you tired of having a boring bowl of oatmeal, and instead want a nutritious and delicious bowl of protein oatmeal? Find out the five best protein oatmeal recipes, so you never have to get bored of your favorite breakfast choice.
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY BAKED OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 scoop Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 grated zucchini (optional, but squeeze excess water with a towel if you add)
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A few chopped cherries (can use frozen)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a ramekin or oven safe bowl/dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into your baking dish and top with more cherries and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
2-INGREDIENT VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SKILLET COOKIE
- 2 packs of Right Foods Chia Crunch Organic Oats
- 2 scoops of Clean Lean Protein Probiotic Cacao
- Soak both packs of oats in water with juice from 1/2 lemon to neutralize the phytic acid (this way you don't have to rinse them) for at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge. Drain any excess water.
- Mix soaked oats with protein and bake in a small skillet (or on a cookie sheet) @ 300 F for about 30 minutes.
CINNAMON CACAO OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 tsp raw cacao powder
- A few pinches of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a small container, and mix well until incorporated. Add extra water or milk as needed, and salt (or sweeter, like maple syrup or honey) to taste. Place in the fridge to soak overnight, and serve cold or slightly warmed in the morning.
- Top with bananas, walnuts, almond butter, extra coconut, or any other favorites!
REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP PROATS
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 scoop Nuzest Clean Lean Protein in Just Natural, Smooth Vanilla or Rich Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free shelled hemp seeds
- 1 1/3 cups non-dairy milk (nut-free if needed; I use at least half full-fat coconut milk for extra creaminess)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (organic Sunbutter or homemade)
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp gelatinized maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pure stevia, monk fruit sweetener, or sweetener of choice to taste
- Combine oats, Nuzest protein, chia seeds, and hemp seeds in a bowl or divide evenly into single-serving mason jars. Stir well to combine.
- Put non-dairy milk, sunflower seed butter, cacao, maca, and sea salt into blender container and blend until smooth. Sweeten to taste.
- Pour chocolate "smoothie" over the oat and seed mixture and stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of 6 hours). Before serving, stir in additional non-dairy milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Proats can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Heat or serve cold with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 cup cooked autumn squash or pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, plus 1/2 teaspoon for topping
- 1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- Chopped pecans and blueberries, for topping (if desired)
- To rice cauliflower, place half a head of cauliflower broken into florets into a food processor. Pulse approximately 20 times, or until the cauliflower is the size of grains of rice. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add avocado oil and 2 cups of riced cauliflower. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- While cauliflower cooks, add the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Process on high speed until smooth, for approximately one minute.
- Add the liquid mixture to a saucepan with the riced cauliflower. Continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- Scoop into a bowl and sprinkle with your favorite toppings.